Topic: Formation Of Oceans
Formation Of Oceans
Earth has sedimentary bedrock of marine origin that is four billion years old. Which inference can be made from this information?
(1) Earth had oceans four billion years ago.
(2) Sedimentary rocks formed from magma when Earth cooled four billion years ago.
(3) Most sedimentary rocks are at least four billion years old.
(4) Life existed on Earth four billion years ago.
Which bar graph best shows the percent by volume of the elements that make up Earth’s hydrosphere?
Which important geologic event in New York State occurred just after the Grenville Mountains were starting to erode?
(1) Pangaea began to break up.
(2) The Iapetus Ocean began to open.
(3) The Catskill Delta formed.
(4) The Taconic Mountains were eroded.
In the past, cyanobacteria produced oceanic oxygen that combined with iron in seawater to form iron oxide layers on ocean fl oors. These iron oxide layers were formed during the
(1) Early Archean
(2) Early Carboniferous
(3) Late Archean
(4) Late Carboniferious